Safely enjoy your Thanksgiving with these tips to avoid a homeowner’s insurance.
Deep-fried turkey, a concept that started in the south, has risen in popularity nationwide. It’s a perfect twist for barbecues, block parties and holiday feasts.
- Never leave the turkey fryer unattended during the heating, cooking and cooling process.
- Stay outside – even though it may be a little cold outside, never deep fry your turkey inside or in any enclosed areas. Keep your fryer at least 10 feet away from your house and any other structures on your property and on a flat surface.
- Keep children and pets away from the cooking area at all times.
- Allow the oil to cool completely before disposing or storing.
- Immediately wash hands, utensils, equipment and surfaces that have come in contact with raw turkey.
- Turkey should be consumed immediately and leftovers stored in the refrigerator within two hours of cooking.
All of us at Insurance Solutions in Pensacola, Florida would like to remind you to stay safe this Thanksgiving with these simple tips to avoid a Thanksgiving Day homeowner’s insurance .
Source: National Turkey Federation