WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING OR SELLING A HOME ….
- AGE OF ROOF – Does the roof have at least 5 yrs of life left? If not it will need to be replaced. Keep in mind the carrier keeps tab of roof age and will send a non-renewal the
- PLUMBING – Is there any polybutelene, polypropelene, pex or galvanized plumbing in the home. Any Poly is totally unacceptable, Pex only acceptable if new home, Galvanized only taken by some carriers.
- ALUMINUM WIRING – If home has Aluminum wiring does it have either Alumicon or Copalum connectors? Any type of Aluminum branch wiring eliminates you from almost. all carriers. Connectors are accepted by very few. When you have this wiring the rates are much higher due to limited choice.
- KNOB AND TUBE OR CLOTH WIRING – TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE … Must be replaced
- POOL – Is it fenced on all 4 sides? Natural barriers do not count as fencing
- ANY TREES, BRANCHES OR BUSHES TOUCHING THE HOME NEED TO BE REMOVED
- ANY ROTTED WOOD, MOLD OR MILDEW NEEDS TO BE REPAIRED OR REMOVED
- ROOF SHAPE – Hip costs less than Gable and a Flat roof is very difficult to insure.
- ELECTRICAL PANELS – Carriers will not accept an electrical panel from the following Make … Federal Pacific, Sylvania, Zinsco, Stab-Loe